Thursday, July 15, 2010
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar, plus a little more for sprinkling
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 3/4 cup tipo 00 flour or cake flour
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and kept hot
- 1/4 cup raisins, rehydrated in warm red wine
- Serving suggestion: wine for dipping or fruit jam
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl, combine the yolks and sugar and whisk well until the mixture is yellow and creamy, about 1 minute.
In a separate bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, lemon zest, baking powder, and salt and mix well. Briefly stir in the butter, then fold in the egg yolk mixture and raisins until the dough just comes together. Put the dough out onto a floured board briefly knead to form a rectangle, do not overwork the dough or it will get tough. Roll the dough out to 1/4-inch thick and cut it into 2-inch diamonds. Butter a cookie sheet and place the cookies on the sheet. Bake for 12 minutes, or until golden brown and firm. Serve hot or at room temperature.